Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Training

In the one month Isabel has been with us she has accomplished a lot. 
  • She loads and rides in the trailer like a big horse.
  • Takes hikes through the woods and through water.
  • Welcomes the kids home at the bus stop.
  • She went to the beach for the first time.
  • She dressed up like a centerpiece and walked in a parade.
  • Washes windows and does my taxes.

Feeling like I've put the proverbial cart before the horse, I finally took Isabel down to the ring to do some training.

The first thing I wanted to work on is the "bridge", a wobbly piece of plywood that I train the horses to stand on, walk over, and back off of.

I barely had the 'bridge' down on the ground, when Isabel gladly climbed on it.

Clearly this task is stressing her out.
 
 
 Next we up the ante and bring out the big blue, scary tarp. <insert scary noise>
Hmmmm, OK, not so scary to Isabel.  I didn't even bother putting a lead rope on her for this training.

She doesn't get what the big deal is.
 
Next we added the two; the bridge on the tarp.  This should be pretty scary...

ummmm, or not.
 
In fact, Isabel says the tarp should be afraid of her!
 
 
 Attack the tarp!
 

That training took all of 5 minutes.
Now what?

2 comments:

  1. I just love the video, and no she did not even care or scare, I am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel thought it was fun to stand on the tarp and stop Storm in his tracks!

    ReplyDelete