Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Babe in the City

I had two rather lofty goals for Miss Isabel this fall.  One was to take her to the beach. Done.  And the other was to particiate in the Concord Holiday Parade.  I admit, this is a lot to ask a 4-5 month old, but this is Isabel.  She's amazing.


On November 17th we painted our toes...
 
and flowers in our hair...
 
and headed to the capital city to march down Loudon Road.
 
When we arrived there was plenty of new sights and sounds; marching bands, floats, and huge crowds.  She took it all in like a pro!
 
Courtney, Storm, Robin and Chase joined us.



My Mom was in the audience and described Isabel as "unimpressed" by all the fanfare.  She's incredibly level-headed.
And yes, that's one glittery bum.
 
After the parade she hopped back on the trailer and went home.  I could tell the 2 mile walk made her tired but she had no interest in a mid-day nap, so instead she went out to the pasture with her pasture mates.

 
Once again, this little baby has made me so proud!  She has handled everything I've thrown her way like a champion!
 
Now what should we do....?
 


2 comments: