Friday, November 2, 2012

Isabel Has Left The Building

...errr, I mean, barn!  After days of trying to get her to take that massive 4 inch step onto the cobblestone walkway, we finally had success!
The past few days I have taken a book (more about that in a moment) and a comfy chair and just waited for her to join Storm and I.
But she'd just stand in the doorway, content to watch us.

But today I envisioned having a 10 year old horse that wouldn't leave the barn through the front door knew was the day!  And as much as it hurt me, more than it hurt her, I had to enlist the help of a crop.

Tough love stinks.

But my smart, little girl quickly decided it was just simpler to walk out the barn.  And she did! Yay!!!!  Now that we're out of the barn, we have a world full of opportunity!

So we took a walk around the neighborhood and met some neighbors.
Look!  Someone smaller than me!
 
Come play with meeeeeeeee!
 
When we got back to the farm, Isabel and Storm were turned out in the east pasture.  Yee-Haw!




 

This afternoon Isabel got to make her first trip down to the bus stop to welcome home the kids.  She whinnied to the bus as it stopped and nearly climbed aboard.  I think the school kids would have enjoyed that!

Some day, little girl.
 
 
Now about that training book.  I have a lot of hopes and dreams for Miss Isabel (what parent doesn't?).  So I purchased several books on training for new ideas.  But Chapter Two: Prerequisites has me very concerned.


What the what?  I take many, MANY precautions to ensure my arse is NEVER over my head.  EVER.  I'm not sure how this pertains to training... but I'm scared!

So for now, I'll celebrate that she walked out of the barn, and leave the handstands for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment