Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surviving Sandy

Hurricane Sandy paid us a visit yesterday.  The horses spent the majority of the day in their stalls eating all day (it's what we do, when there's nothing else to do).

This morning we woke up to very little damage, fences intact and even a bit of sun!

So Isabel, Storm and Scout (yes, we've added another new friend into the mix) played together in the main (yet muddy) pasture.

I'm happy to report, Isabel hit the brakes before reaching me- although I took no chances and stopped videoing before impact.  We weren't as lucky the other day when she greeted me excitedly in the field.  200+ pounds of baby love hitting you at a full gallop!  Learning to stop before you reach your human is a learned skill.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like she is doing fantastic, we could not ask for a better mommy, thank you Mala, yes, I adore your stories and post every other day!!! Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maryann. Thank YOU for this wonderful baby!!! I love her so much!

    ReplyDelete